- What is the console for?
- What information does the console display?
- Which details can I change?
- How do I log into the console?
- What is a ‘Master Group’?
- What is the group structure?
- How do I add more groups?
- Where is my new group displayed?
- How do I assign students to a group?
- How do I add administrators to a group?
- Can other students join my group?
- Can those with Free Logins join my group?
What is the console for?
- Make changes to student accounts and settings.
If you purchase a Teacher Login or 10 Student Logins then you qualify for Group Administration. You may then also:
- View the progress of your students.
- Create new groups and assign students to these.
- Invite other teachers to become Group Administrators.
- Invite other teachers to use your Teacher Logins.
What Information does the console display?
- Which students have been logging in and how often.
- Which activities they have completed.
- How many times they have tried each activity.
- When the logins expire.
- Who is using your Teacher Logins.
Which details can I change?
- The player name.
- The optional email address they use to log in.
- The student’s password.
- Whether optional sounds are played.
- The language used in the application.
- Whether all sections of the course are opened or whether each activity must be completed.
- Which clef is used for the activities.
Click the ‘Go to Login’ button alongside a student in your group to open up the options.
What is a Master Group?
If you purchase a Teacher Login or 10+ Student Logins, you may set up a Master Group and become a Group Master. Any logins you have purchased will automatically be placed in your Master Group.
Set up a Master Group from your Account Homepage.
If you work in more than one establishment, you may set up further Master Groups and keep all these students completely separate. You will need to purchase another Teacher Login to create a new Master Group.
What is the group structure?
The Group Master always has control. They can create and manage other groups and view the students in all groups. They can also assign students to the different groups.
New Groups can be created within a Master Group. These will have their own Group ID and allow the management of only the students within that smaller group of students. You may manage these different groups yourself or invite other teachers to become a Group Administrator of a particular group.
How do I add more groups?
If you have a lot of students, you may want to set up more groups and have a few students in each. Other teachers can then manage their own group of students.
To create a new group, log in to the console and click ‘Go to Group’ alongside a Master Group you have created. The ‘Create New Group’ form is on the Group Homepage.
New and empty groups?
When you create a new group it will be placed in your list of groups, below your Master Group. The new group will be empty until you assign students to it.
Only an empty group can be deleted. A group will be made empty if you move all the students out of it.
How do I assign students to a group?
How do I add administrators to a group?
Can other students join my group?
Yes – any students can join your group. You will need to share a Group ID with them. Remember that if you have only one group, then this will be your Master Group ID.
Students should do the following:
1. Log into the application.
2. Click on the user menu icon in the top left of the screen.
3. Select Join Group.
4. Enter the Group ID you have given them.