- What is the console for?
- What information does the console display?
- Which details can I change?
- How do I log into the console?
- What is my ‘default group’?
- What is the group structure?
- How do I add more groups?
- Where is my new group displayed?
- How do I assign students to a group?
- Can other students join my group?
- What if I’ve lost my Purchaser ID?
- Can those with Free Logins join my group?
What Information does the console display?
- Which students have been logging in and how often.
- Which activities they have completed.
- How many times they have tried each activity.
- When the login expires.
Which details can I change?
- The player name.
- The optional email address they use to log in.
- The student’s password.
- Whether optional sounds are played.
- The language used in the application.
- Whether all sections of the course are opened or whether each activity must be completed.
- Which clef is used for the activities.
Click the ‘Go’ button alongside a student to open up the options.
How do I log into the console?
Anyone placing a purchase for either a Teacher Login or 10 or more Student Logins will receive the Purchaser ID and Purchaser Password along with their login details.
The Purchaser ID and Password can be used to log into the console. Click Groups in the main menu of the website to enter the Group area.
What is my ‘default group’?
To begin with, you have only one group. Any logins you purchase will automatically be placed in your default group.
When you log in with your Purchaser details, you will see information about your default group.
Click on the ‘Scores’ or ‘Student Details’ buttons to see how your students are getting on.
What is the group structure?
The Purchaser always has control. They can manage other groups and view the students in all groups. They can also move students between groups. They should log in with the Purchaser ID and Purchaser Password for this level of access.
New Groups are given a Group ID and Group Password. These allow the management of only the students within that group. Group Managers cannot alter the structure of the groups.
How do I add more groups?
If you have a lot of students, you may want to set up more groups and have a few students in each. Other teachers can then manage their own group of students.
To create a new group, log in to the console with your Purchaser details and scroll down the Groups page. Use the Create New Group box to form a new group. Note down your new Group ID and Group Password. These can be shared with other teachers.
How do I assign students to a group?
Can other students join my group?
Yes – any students can join your group. You will need to share a Group ID with them. Remember that if you have only one group, then its Group ID is the same as your Purchaser ID.
Students should do the following:
1. Log into the application.
2. Click on the user menu icon in the top right of the screen.
3. Select Groups.
4. Enter the Group ID you have given them.