Please note that ORB Education does not collect or share any information unless we deem it necessary. In simple terms, there is data essential to keeping users logged in and progressing through the activities, there is data that helps us work out how the website is being used and how we can improve it and there is a record of sales and communications. We aim to keep as little of this information as is practical without compromising the user experience or unnecessarily disadvantaging our business. There is of course legal speak for all this, found in the GDPR and other similar regulations, all of which we fully respect. Our aim is to make a success of The Mighty Maestro as a learning tool; nothing else.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the protected sections of our site.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence if you should contact us.
- Details of the resources you access and your visits to our site.
- Details of transactions you may carry out through our site and of the completion of your orders.
Storing your personal data
We will take all reasonable steps in protecting your privacy including secure connections and data stores. However, the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and we therefore cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our sites. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
Student Login passwords are stored as plain text until first use. This enables the purchaser to view and copy the passwords using the Teacher-Parent Console. You should contact us if you believe the security of your new logins has been compromised, possible by others viewing or obtaining the passwords intended for individual students. Alternatively, you may use the tools in the Teacher-Parent console to update unused passwords on mass. Students are encouraged to reset passwords on first use so that the original plain text versions become obsolete. After first use, all passwords are encrypted and cannot be viewed by anyone; they may only be updated.
Teacher Login and Console passwords are encrypted from creation and may also not be viewed by anyone. You may use the Password Reset tool to update passwords.
Uses made of the information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, should you choose to do so.
There are also the following Student/Teacher/Purchaser specific uses of information:
We do not make any unsolicited use of student information.
- Each Student Login is created with a unique 6-12-character username. This may be used to log into the lesson activities and is available for use as identification by the purchasing parent or teacher.
- A first name and 3 letters from the last name may be added to help teachers identify students when monitoring progress in the Console. However, there is not any need for this information to be genuine; you are free to use encoded names or omit them altogether.
- Email addresses may be added by students as an alternative method of logging into the activities. The benefit of including this data is that students are then able to retrieve lost passwords themselves (the alternative is that the purchaser updates the password using the Console). We will not use email addresses to contact a student directly except in the following circumstances:
– a student has requested a password reset using the automated tools available;
– a student contacts us for help with an activity directly and includes their email address with their request.
2. Teachers and Purchasers
Teacher and purchaser contact details and other information is used in the following ways:
- To notify you of any changes to our service.
- In allowing ourselves to carry out our obligations concerning any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Where you have consented to be contacted, to provide you with the information, products and services requested from us or in the event that we feel will be of interest to you.
Use of external tools on our website
We use Facebook’s ‘Custom Audiences’ and ‘Customer Match Lists’ to help find the Facebook users who are most likely to appreciate our service. Technically speaking, a bare minimum of encrypted user data is transmitted to Facebook, cross referenced for marketing purposes and then deleted. Again, we do not retain any information about this service. Facebook users may control settings related to these activities in their Facebook account.
Disclosure of your information
Third Party Websites
Our site may contain links to and from other websites. If you visit any of these sites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and you should check these before submitting any personal data. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Access to Information
You may at any time exercise the right to access any information we hold about you.